TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Performing as part of an Agile Software Development team using Jira for requirements tracking, the selected candidate will perform a Software Engineering activities in support of our client. The team’s responsibilities revolve around using new technologies to ensure the compliance of interactions and accesses between various enterprise systems.
The Software Engineer, working closely within this 6 person team will learn from and share knowledge with this inquisitive, fun, and hardworking team.
Candidate should have experience in the following:
- Demonstrated experience in architecting, designing, developing solutions using the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack -- not limited to but including analytics and machine learning
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and writing complex queries with joins and aggregate that deals with large datasets.
- Demonstrated experience with Python 2.x
- Demonstrated experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Experience leading design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes
- Experience performing thorough design reviews and code reviews
- Hands on Java development, Junit testing and issue troubleshooting
- Experience working in an Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts
- Understanding and comfort with enterprise frameworks for dependency injection, object relational mapping and logging (Spring Framework, Hibernate, SLF4J)
- Familiarity with Build Management, Continuous Integration, and Automated Testing (Maven, Jenkins)
Individual Capabilities Required:
• Seven (7) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science ore related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) additional years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
• Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
• Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
• Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met