Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At Onyx Point, you can have both. That's because Onyx Point people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. Work on not-for-profit projects designed for the public interest. We excel in supporting the security, compliance and automation needs of the US Government, creating lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose Onyx Point. Be Innovative. Be Creative. Be Appreciated.
Contribute to solving Computer Network Defense (CND) and security problems of national significance. The work involves solving cyber challenges through operations, data-driven analytics, and R&D.
- Experience with CND technologies used in the IC and commercial domains (including NIDS/NIPS, HIDS/HIPS, SIEMs, etc.)
- Experience working in virtualized and cloud environments
- Strong interest in cyber-security problems, covering both operations and research
- Strong problem-solving and data analytic skills, including hands-on work in big data analytics
- Previous success applying hands-on and prototype solutions to cyber problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and interact effectively with sponsors.
- Understanding of, and experience in, the intelligence committee.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with government acquisition and system engineering processes
- Ability to translate computer network defense capability needs into system engineering artifacts (e.g. formal requirements, architecture views, engineering review board packages)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in technical leadership or managerial role in cyber-security operations center.
Minimum Qualifications: Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent certification. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or similar field and 8 years related experience