TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE OR
REINSTATABLE TS/SCI W/ POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At Onyx Point, you can have both. That's because Onyx Point people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. Work on not-for-profit projects designed for the public interest. We excel in supporting the security, compliance and automation needs of the US Government, creating lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose Onyx Point. Be Innovative. Be Creative. Be Appreciated.
Seeking candidate to contribute to projects of national importance, collaborate with other technical professionals, and enhance their enterprise architecture, systems engineering, IC domain knowledge, and innovative thinking. Provide advice and deliver architectural initiatives informed by your experience in government or private sector domains that can be applied to IC mission needs, transformation, and future investments. As an individual contributor and senior advisor, provide senior personnel with an understanding of techniques and effective approaches to enterprise level architecture and design, governance, and supporting technologies. As a strategic advisor, you will work individually or with enterprise-wide principals to perform research, design, and analysis as required and technical and strategic reviews of proposals and assessments.
- This role offers opportunities for contributing to and providing guidance and technical expertise on widely varying enterprise – wide activities in support of the design and implementation of an IC enterprise architecture.
- Partner with government personnel and working groups to develop an enterprise architecture, plan and road map that supports a “future view” of technologies for the IC.
- Facilitate changes to policy and integration challenges, adapting legacy systems to new technology, identifying and accelerating the adoption of innovations, and creating reference architectures which can be leveraged across the IC.
- Enable the design, implementation, and deployment of a flexible enterprise architecture able to accommodate technical and cultural change and related investments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or related field and 8 years work experience using this background and training.
- 8 years’ experience working with IC agencies and their mission domains.
- Awareness of EA principles, purposes, and use cases.
- Experience working across organizations to achieve integration and governance for improved enterprise-wide technical investments, change management, governance and information-sharing.
- Interest and flexibility in working with leadership across domains to reach agreements.
- Understanding of how policy is developed at the national and IC levels.
- Prior experience working as an advisor for senior executives and decision-makers.
- Ability to translate technical concepts through written and oral presentations to senior decision-makers.
- Knowledge of current enterprise architecture approaches, designs, methodologies, and evaluation practices, and their applicability to IC policy, standards, technical specifications, and culture.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with the IC program, planning, and budget cycle.
- Ability to lead technical meetings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for executive level communication.