TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Onyx Point is on the search for a High-Performance Computing Linux System Administrator to join our team! This candidate will work out of Aberdeen Proving Grounds and be supporting the Army Research Laboratory!
• TS clearance required
• Security + certification required
• Linux + certification preferred
• 3-5 years work experience in hardware repair and/or system administration
• Technical skills to investigate and resolve complex problems
• Able to clearly document processes and procedures with a focus toward mentoring and knowledge sharing
• Thorough knowledge of administrative or technical practices Proficient Field Technical Support skill set.
• Familiar with networking and all supported operating system platforms (i.e. company- Linux, etc.)
• Knowledge of High-Performance Computing Environments
• Familiarity with Lustre file systems
• Knowledge of high availability system environments.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong Customer relationship building skills Ability to manage complex Customer problems.
• Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations.
• Maintain security posture to keep systems on the customer network, plan for and execute system upgrades, general system administration for large HPC cluster, respond to customer requests, provide 7x24x2 coverage and response.
• Gather data, perform analysis, and escalate problems to higher-level product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues.
• Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and communicating the needs to HPE.
• Responsible for hardware support deliverables and acts as collaborator with the ASM for the technical deliverables.
• Performs all types of hardware related tasks including installation, configuration, proactive (firmware), and break fix.
• Will escalate issues as needed to HPE account and according to established procedures.
• Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
• Resolve most technical incidents independently within your technical area. Work with team members to resolve more complex or cross-technology incidents
• Identify potential escalations and alert management proactively
• Begin to proactively and reactively provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility.
• Apply HPE solutions to meet moderately complex customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility
• May identify additional services that could lead to future service revenue growth.
• Build strong relationship with management in assigned accounts.
Education And Experience Required
• Minimum Vocational/Diploma/ Associate Degree (technical field) with 3-5 years of working experience in related fields or Degree holder with 2-4 years relevant working experience.