- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards
• Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
• Monitor, manage and develop SQL databases on NETAPP, EMC storage and database servers.
• Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
• Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
• Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models.
• Define architecture requirements and performance standards to meet management and customer specifications.
• Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing database structure
• Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
• Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements
• Provide Tier III support
• Shall have a minimum of thirteen (13) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
• Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
• Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
• A Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience
• Prepare detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
• Applications generally deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
• Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight
Experience in Agile methods is desired.
• Broad experience in multiple relational DBMS. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies customer systems and/or applications software.
• Experience working with ORACLE, MYSQL and Postgress databases.
• Bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, light work up to 20 lbs., reaching, repetitive motions, sedentary work, walking, working with data, ability to handle stress & work under pressure, ability to use MS Office, ability to use a PC, analytical or critical thinking skills, interpersonal & people skills, leadership skills, listening skills, multi-tasking ability, oral & written communication skills, organizational skills