- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the critical review of, and providing recommendations on, networks or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience and technical knowledge.
• Responsible for the architectural design, deployment and documentation of new network requirements and changes to current network configurations.
• Oversee a major network architecture upgrade to include white-paper design, deployment, and configuration of devices.
• Provide fault analysis, isolation and correction, configuration, and upgrades of network devices to include Cisco Routers, Firewalls, and Switches.
• Provide support for customer networks involving cross-domain solutions, including VPNs, one-way data transfers, unclassified mission related infrastructures, and Taclane 175 encryption devices. Specific configurations include routing using MPLS/VPLS, OSPF, EIGRP at the Core and Distribution devices and switching at the Access devices.
• Experience in reverse engineering systems in an attempt to detail the required system specifications, external interfaces and environmental requirements.
• Build systems and networks that would support the system and integrate it into the customer infrastructure.
• Provides recommendations and critical reviews of network or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience, and technical knowledge.
• Provides daily oversight and guidance in managing operational matters and mentoring entry level engineers in all aspects of networking
• Configure and troubleshoot Cisco catalyst switches (Spanning Tree, Port Security, VTP,Ether channels, VLANs)
• Configure and troubleshoot Cisco ASR routers (including
Configure and troubleshoot Cisco ASR routers (including HSRP, OSPF, BGP, route-map)
• Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco ASA firewalls
• Configuring and troubleshooting BIND, DHCP, and DNS servers
• Configure and troubleshoot HTTP / SSL / TLS based issues
• Troubleshoot ACL/NAT issue on ASAs
• Create router/switches templates for network standardization
• Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning
• Use of Linux network troubleshooting tools to solve complex network issues (tcpdump, ssldump, curl, wget, mtr, tcp traceroute, nmap, openssl, tshark)
• Develop bash and/or python scripts, utilities and tools used for network troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot various DNS, SMTP, IP routing, latency, and connectivity issues
• Implement TCP/IP & related services-DHCP/DNS
• Install/Upgrade Cisco Switches and Firewalls (ASA) IOS using TFTP
• Implement SSH/RADIUS authentication on Cisco Hardware
• Troubleshoot network problems using Protocol Analyzers
• Maintain all LAN/WAN connectivity
• Document network problems and resolution for future reference
• Oversee software and network security
• Tier 3, On-call/after-hours support
• CCNA Security or Security+ CE or higher certification
Shall have ten (10) years of experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
Ten (10) years of experience designing and implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX based hardware platforms
Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operating, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
Significant experience with CISCO network equipment, i.e. 2800 series, 6509, 6513, 3825, 3750, 4900, ASR-1004 & 1006, etc.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified at the Professional level in Network Security (CCSP), Network Design (CCDP), and/or Routing & Switching (CCNP)
Able to understand routing protocols, QOS, be able to implement traffic shaping and policing on the network, and understand IPSEC tunneling
At least three years of direct experience with and intelligence community or signals intelligent activity.
A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Telecommunications, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is highly desired but will not count toward the ten (10) years significant experience.