Shall have twelve (12) years experience in system engineering. Seven (7) years experience shall have occurred within the past ten (10) years.
This position will encompass joining a team of system and software engineers responsible for service products and systems affiliated with both the Content and Event Warehouses (CWH & EWH).
Software Configuration Management (SCM) Support - Work to enhance SCM functions through automation to the greatest extent possible and ensure documentation and procedures are comprehensive. The desired outcome is to remove reoccurring manual activities and associated risks of those efforts. This automation is intended to serve as the conduit between development and operations. Support comprises both low-side and high-side development environments.
• Manage and maintain the SCM Plan and SCM functions implementing enhancements/improvements to include areas of loose CM control and metrics that measure productivity.
• Improve efficiency through delivery of new SCM automation capabilities and supporting documentation
• Collaborate on automation capabilities with Development teams for inclusion into pipelines
• Ensure that SCM documentation is accurate, comprehensive, and centrally hosted/maintained
• Maintain and publish configuration items (Vis) for all newly developed automated capabilities and supporting documentation for those capabilities
Release Management (RM) Support – Provide RM support for the Datawave product.
Expected Outcomes: Support for the following RM functions
• Accurate accounting of all releases of software deployed to CWH and EWH Systems.
• Manage the release through each phase of the release life cycle
• Report the status of release activities
• Coordinate with Operations and Development on the deployment of software release candidates or production release to test and production systems
• Maintain and communicate the functional features contained in each release of software
o Experience with source code management practices, release management and Git branching techniques
o Knowledge of automation and DevOps principles
o Building Java Software using Maven
o Well-grounded in Linux fundamentals and knowledge
o Enabling tools: Git, GitLab, Maven, Jira
o Development experience, preferably in Java
o Willingness to be a committer/contributor to open source applications
o Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Testing
o Enabling tools: GitLab Runners
||Shall have twelve (12) years experience in system engineering. Seven (7) years experience shall have occurred within the past ten (10) years.
||Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
||Shall have two (2) years experience in the SIGINT environment.
||Seven (7) years experience leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
||Five (5) years experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
||Experience in developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations.
||Five (5) years experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.