This candidate will belong to an approximately twelve person Cloud Operations systems administration team that is part of a larger Operations team working in a dynamic customer environment. Candidate will be responsible for supporting several cloud based repositories during the weekend and after hours. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (1) monitor system health, (2) troubleshoot/escalate system problems, (3) maintain storage systems, (4) interface with external teams and other parts of the Operations team for hardware, network, and infrastructure support, (5) ensure system security requirements are satisfied, and (6) administer user accounts.
• Required - Shall have twelve (12) years experience in system engineering. Seven (7) years experience shall have occurred within the past ten (10) years.
• Required - Shall have two (2) years experience in the cleared environment.
• Desired - Experience in developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations.
• Desired - Five (5) years experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
• Desired - Five (5) years experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
PROJECT SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE:
• Highly Desired - At least one (1) year experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes).
• Highly Desired – At least two (2) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
• Highly Desired - At least two (2) years experience in the implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
• Highly Desired – Active Security+ certification (or obtain within 6 months)
• Highly Desired – Active RHCSA certification (or obtain within 6 months)
• Highly Desired – Shall be able to work at the CSC for four (4) ten (10) hour shifts each week. Must include at least one weekend day shift. Remaining shifts can be eve or midnight shifts.
• Highly Desired – Strong LINUX command line skills
• Highly Desired – Strong Communication skills
• Highly Desired – NiFi skills
• Highly Desired – Experience with Bash, Python, and Configuration Management tools (i.e. Puppet, Chef)
• Required - Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
• Highly Desired: Linux Systems Engineering and Cloud Computing experience in installing, administering, and supporting Linux operating systems across several Linux platforms including: RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, and Solaris. To include experience with Red Hat Linux Kickstart.
• Highly Desired: Experience in database concepts and technologies (e.g., relational, cloud, MySQL RDBMS