- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Eight (8) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support is required. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline is required. A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to six (6) . Five (5) additional years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree. Cisco certification is required.
-Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
-Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
-Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
-Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
-Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
-Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers.
- Configure and maintain organization's network diagrams and accreditations.
-Oversee the support to all network equipment.
-Develop designs of the organization's network and mission architecture to meet new partner requirements.
Performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.