- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Looking for a system administrator to augment the existing integration team for a large analytic cloud repository. A successful candidate for this position has experience doing Linux administration on large Hadoop and Accumulo based clusters. Experience interfacing with hardware and network teams would benefit the candidate as well as experience with Bash, Python, and configuration management tools such as Puppet and Salt.
And the top three priorities for us are 1 – Linux 2 – Python/Bash 3 – Configuration Management Software (Salt or Puppet).
• Required - Shall have at least three (3) years of experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>400 nodes).
• Required - At least three (3) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
• Required - At least three (3) years experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
• Required - Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Required - Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
• Desired - Shall have at least three (3) years of experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop/Cloud clusters (>1000 nodes)
• Desired – Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks.
• Desired – Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
• Required – Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification. Six (6) months experience administering or implementing Cloud technology will be accepted as substitution for certification.
• Desired – Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.