View all jobs
Software Engineer 2 w/ 14 years experienceHanover, MD
- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE OR REINSTATABLE TS/SCI W/ POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
- A minimum of 14 years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 4 years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of seven (7) years' experience programming in Java.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience scripting in Python.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with Scala.
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years of experience designing and developing applications in a Windows or UNIX/Linux operating environment
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years of experience large-scale distributed databases (e.g., Accumulo/HBase/Cassandra, Elasticsearch/MongoDB, Redis/Riak, Titan)
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of one (1) year experience with Map/Reduce
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of one (1) year experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale batch processing framework (e.g., Apache Spark or Scalding).
- Demonstrated experience with probabilistic data structures.
- Demonstrated experience with Big-Data Cloud Scalability (e.g. Amazon, Google, and/or Facebook)
- Demonstrated experience with dominant open-source stream processing system like Apache Storm, Apache Flink, Apache Samza, Apache Esper, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with web/proxy servers (e.g., nginx, HAProxy, or Apache Tomcat).
- Demonstrated experience with open-source container and resource management technologies (e.g., Docker and Mesos).