The Site Reliability Engineer provides support in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Provides support for highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Hadoop, Acumulo, Big Table, Cassandra, Scality et cetera.
Shall have five (5) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Shall have one (1) year experience in system engineering/architecture. Shall have one (1) year experience working with products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Hadoop, Acumulo, Big Table, Cassandra, Scality et cetera. At least one (1) year experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation. Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complete hardware/software systems to include monitoring technical health of a system, improving organizational processes, implementation of postmortem (failure) analysis and incident management.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. A Master's degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. NOTE: A degree in Mathematics, Information Systems, Engineering, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field
· Cloud Systems Administrator or Developer Certification.
· One (1) year experience managing and monitoring large Cloud System (>200 nodes).
· One (1) year demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: UNIX, or Linux OS.
· Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
· Experience in developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
· One (1) year of experience developing software systems using object-oriented programming languages (i.e. Java, Python, etc.).
· Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
· Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
· One (1) year experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
· Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into a services oriented environment.
· Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, backup, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage within clustered or cloud environments.
· Experience operating in a multi-thread environment.
· Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex software in a cloud environment.
· Familiarity with Configuration Management and monitoring tools
· Familiarity with Agile software methodologies and practices
Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required operating in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.