- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE OR REINSTATABLE TS/SCI W/ POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Required Skills: Strong Java development skills and experience required, High level of coding experience such as designing and maintaining technical solutions from inception to absolution, solid understanding of Software Configuration Management (SCM, Agile methodologies, JIRA, GIT, Confluence and the Atlassian Tool Suite), Demonstrated work experience with Cloud with one or more of the following: Distributed Scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table; Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS); Serialization such as JSON and or BSON.
Highly Desired Skills: QTA experience or Cloud development and operational environments, MapReduce and or Pig experience, Ability to debug software and correct defects
Seven (7) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. four (4) years of software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Cloud Experience: Shall have demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc.; Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.; Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS); Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
-Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
-Debug existing software and correct defects
-Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
-Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
-Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
-Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
-Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
-Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries