Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At Onyx Point, you can have both. That's because Onyx Point people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees.
Work on not-for-profit projects designed for the public interest. We excel in supporting the security, compliance and automation needs of the US Government, creating lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world.
Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose Onyx Point. Be Innovative. Be Creative. Be Appreciated.
This role contributes to the design, development, and analysis of cloud computing technologies including distributed computing approaches such as MapReduce and data analytics.
Windows and Unix/Linux:
• Development experience with Java, PIG, HTML, Scala
• Experience in cloud computing technologies and cloud based architectures.
• Experience in one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
• Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
• Ability to work in an agile, dynamic environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience with large data sets/analysis
• Training or experience with HPC or distributed programming environments such as Hadoop/MapReduce
• Data mining, Data scientist
BS and 3 years related experience.