This position requires that you be eligible to obtain a background check and/or be eligible for a high level US Govt Security Clearance (US Citizenship is Required).
Are you tinkering with Linux and Windows at home?
Are you always tweaking your devices?
Are you interested in working with like-minded technology enthusiasts?
Why Onyx Point:
Since our founding in 2009, Onyx Point has provided a supportive place to work for technology enthusiasts and open source evangelists. We have built a reputation for hiring talented and motivated individuals. We focus on growing and developing the skills of our employees to ensure that our organization continually provides strong support to keep pace with the needs of our customer base. If this sounds like somewhere you’d enjoy working, and position below sounds like a good fit for your interests, please send your resume to email@example.com
Stuff We’re Good At:
Onyx Point’s areas of expertise include DevOps, Cloud Computing, Systems Integration, Cyber Security, and Data Manipulation and Movement. We advocate and leverage Open Source Technologies to provide system automation and security solutions for commercial and federal clients. Onyx Point is known for our expertise with Apache NiFi (https://nifi.apache.org/
) and our lead role in the development of SIMP (https://github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/SIMP
). We are Puppet Technology Alliance partners and a GitLab authorized reseller.
Junior Linux DevOps / Automation Engineer
As a member of our SIMP product team you’ll be working with our core team and clients to develop and implement a compliance-focused automation framework.
What you'll be doing:
What you need to succeed:
- Developing and integrating cutting edge software in an Open Source friendly atmosphere
- Working in a dynamic flexible environment with lots of PERKS (standing desks, video games, “green” environment) and fun, laid back people who love technology
- Gaining enterprise level experience with complex systems and technically challenging work
- Getting recognition for your ideas
- A strong understanding of Linux (Red Hat or CentOS preferred)
- Minor programming experience (Ruby preferred but any OO language will suffice)
- A curious mind and strong troubleshooting skills
- Open to travel
- Puppet (preferred), Salt, Chef, Ansible or other automation tools
- Experience with GitHub or GitLab
- Automated infrastructure experience
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking and security