System Administrator Level 1 w/ 5 years experience
Hanover, MD · Information Technology
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUSTHAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Sourcing for a SA1 candidate with the following:
• Linux/CentOS experience as a focus and direction
• Ansible (Salt experience is sufficient)
• Bash/Bourne shell scripting
• Willing to work under the direction of a SA2 on the team (i.e. a growth opportunity)
• Networked file systems (e.g. CephFS, NFS)
The below experience would be useful:
• Installation, configuration, and use of monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Xymon)
• Experience with Linux systems administration (e.g. yum updates, patching, SELinux hardening)
• Firewall and proxy concepts (e.g. firewalld, iptables, HAProxy, Nginx)
Five (5) years experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
-Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
-Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
(-Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
-Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers -Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
-Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.