TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
• Required: Oracle, Linux, SQL, scripting,
• Desired: Oracle Data Guard, Jira, Confluence, relational database design tools such as PowerDesigner
• Support the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities.
• Support the development of long and short term requirements for database administration and design.
• Support the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts.
• Translate a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema.
• Create and update data models using PowerDesigner
• Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development.
• Lead development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development.
• Develop requirement recommendations from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems).
• Develop a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls.
• Direct the overall database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls.
• Direct fulfillment of requirements from a project’s inception to it conclusion.
• Direct organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing development of ad hoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries.
• Direct the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open -Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval
Analyze, design, verify, validate, implement, apply and maintain software systems. Appropriately apply discrete mathematics, probability and statistics, and other relevant topics in computer science and supporting disciplines to complex software systems. Generalize techniques, as appropriate, to apply to multiple domains. Develop and provide appropriate documentation and training. Present briefings and demonstrations to stakeholders.
A bachelor's degree plus twelve years of relevant experience or a Master's degree plus 10 years of relevant experience. An Associate's degree plus 14 yers of relevant experience or high school diploma/GED plus 16 years of experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position. Certifications count as a year experience.
Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Degree may be waived for technical experience in domain skillsets outlined the requisition posting. Certifications count as a year experience.
Software Development Process
Practice software quality through tools and processes.
Develop software solutions
Design, develop, modify code to support system requirements
Assist in developing innovative approaches
Optimize new or existing code
Capabilities can be waived through in-depth experience that is clearly outlined in the position requisition