The Software Engineer 3 will:
Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems
Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
Debug existing software and designs and codes new software or modify existing software to add new features
Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
Demonstrated work experience with OpenSource (NoSQL) products such as Hbase /Accumulo, Big Table, etc.
A minimum six (6) years demonstrated experience out of the most recent eight (8) years developing production software for Solaris or Linux environments
Six years (6) of experience developing software using the Java programming language or C or C++
Demonstrated work experience developing RESTful services
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing- intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Twenty (20) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Voice or video processing systems requiring ingest of multiple audio and video formats, playback to end users, storage, and retrieval
- Average ingest, storage, content search and retrieval of 500GB/day or more of multilingual text
- Distributed Peer to Peer content storage and retrieval systems with more than 500 nodes.
- Metadata indexing, metadata summarization, content and metadata data mining, visualization and analytics.
- A minimum six (6) years demonstrated experience out of the most recent 8 years developing production software for one of the following environments: Solaris, or Linux OS.
- Six years (6) of experience developing software using the Java programming language or C or C++.
- Demonstrated work experience developing RESTful services.
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance