TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
This opening is for a Cloud Software Engineer 3 to perform, amongst the Compute Team, within a massively parallel enterprise platform, built with Java on Free and Open-Source Software products including Kubernetes, Hadoop and Accumulo, to enable execution of data-intensive analytics on a managed infrastructure. The selected candidate will be a self-motivated Java developer who proactively completes tasks with a strong attention to detail. The candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team and will be exposed to a variety of technologies depending on customer requirements.
Active TS SCI security clearance with current polygraph required
Twenty (20) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and
complexity is required
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited
college or university is required
Willingness to be a committer/contributor to open source applications
Java programming for distributed systems, with experience in networking and multi-threading
Agile development experience
Well-grounded in Linux fundamentals and knowledge in at least one scripting language (e.g.,
Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
Experience with source code management practices and tools
Enabling tools: Git, Maven, Jira
Continuous Integration / Continuous Testing: Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab Cl/Pipelines
Continuous Monitoring: ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana), Nagios
Familiarity with microservices software development technique and container-orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes)
Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification
Labor Category Skills/Requirements
Provide cloud software research, development, and engineering services to include requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, sustainment, testing, validation, and issue diagnosis/resolution. Skills:
• Shall have at least eight (8) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
• Shall have at least six(6) years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
• Shall have demonstrated ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
• Shall have demonstrated work experience with serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience developing Restful services.
• Shall have at least five (5) years of experience developing software for UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience in the requirements analysis and design of at least one Object Oriented system.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
• Shall have at least three (3) years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
• Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of a software development project.
• Hadoop /Cloud Developer Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification.
• In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated work experience in at least four (4) of the desired characteristics.
• Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
• Experience developing and deploying data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines. Qualifications: (U//FOUO) A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. A Master's degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. NOTE: A degree in Mathematics, Information Systems, Engineering, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field. Desired: (These desired qualities are representative of those types of experience sought for this labor category, but are not limited to those listed herein. Target desired qualifications will be listed in each task order Statement of Work):
• Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook)
• Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
• Experience developing and deploying: analytics that include foreign language processing; analytic processes that incorporate/integrate multi-media technologies, including speech, text, image and video exploitation; analytics that function on massive data sets, for example, more than a billion rows or larger than 10 Petabytes; analytics that employ semantic relationships (i.e., inference engines) between structured and unstructured data sets; analytics that identify latent patterns between elements of massive data sets, for example more than a billion rows or larger than 10 Petabytes; analytics that employ techniques commonly associated with Artificial Intelligence, for example genetic algorithms.
• Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
• Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
• Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
• Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
• Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.