TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
The selected candidate will be able to provide hands-on experience with the installation, provisioning, maintenance, operation, and testing of five or more of the following equipment types: routers, switches, and Network Management Systems; Hands-on experience with laboratory configuration and interconnectivity; hands-on experience with network planning for routers and switch placement. A thorough knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, SNMPv3 and network analysis, performance, and communications tools.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a heterogeneous networked enterprise environment with Cisco, Ruckus/Brocade, and Juniper switch gear.
• Analyzes network characteristics (e.g., traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput, latency, capacity, availability), troubleshoots problems, and recommends modification of network configurations.
• Provides Tier III network engineering support to a globally distributed services team globally dispersed customer base using multiple HW end points with VDI, Windows, Unix, and Cloud environments.
• Interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
• Work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
• Provide support to network related system and component level Trade-Off Analysis & Analysis of Alternatives and contributes to draft presentations with results and recommendations.
• Performs engineering services to enable all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex network issues.
• Performs installation, refreshed, and modernization of network components and related services, remotely and on site.
• Implements and sustains Campus Area Networks (CANs), with knowledge of Wide Area Networks (WANs), wired and wireless, Data Center Networks/Interfaces (DCN/DCI), Network Security (NETSEC), and Tactical/Deployable Networking Systems.
• Conducts site surveys. Prepares Configures (and documents configuration of) computers, networking devices, and various peripheral equipment.
• Participate in customer meetings as needed for systems discussion and provide feedback to Managers and other members on process improvements
• Experience with customer ticketing systems such as Remedy or ServiceNow that problems have been properly identified, documented, resolved and solutions will satisfy the user's requirements and established best practices have been warehoused for future reference. ServiceNow experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related hands-on experience.
• Possess an IAT level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M such as Security + (preferred) Network +, CCNA, CCNP, or equivalent certification or higher required.
• (14) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required.’
• Able to support 20% travel
• Minimum education and experience level: High School/GED with fourteen (14) years of experience platforms; Cisco Certified Network Associated certification (CCNA) or equivalent is required. An associate degree in Engineering Technology may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
• Must have a current/active TS/SCI w/ FS Polygraph
• The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Occasionally move about inside the office to collaborate with other leaders/teams, use standard office automation equipment, and virtual communication, which may involve delivering presentations.