JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
· Performs the daily administrative tasks in support of the security department.
· Communicates with the security staff regarding program requests.
· Maintain logs and records of completed employee training.
· Schedules initial, periodic and exit briefings and notifies supervisor and employee of schedule.
· Oversees departmental coordination with employees/consultants for timely submittal of documents for initial clearances and periodic reinvestigations; fingerprint employees/consultants as required.
· Facilitates security briefings for individuals/groups as required.
· Performs clerical/administrative tasks at direction of security staff.
· Draft or prepare a variety of documents to include responses to routine inquiries, reports, letters, and other related documents.
· Perform developmental assignments of moderate difficulty where work procedures are established and a number of specific guidelines exist.
· Follow instructions given by the supervisor or a higher-graded specialist, perform highly structured work assignments of limited difficulty combined with training
· Reviews Advanced Programs documentation for proper security controls
· Performs other related tasks as directed.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. The job is a remote position, but candidate’s physical location should be Annapolis Junction, Maryland or Manassas, Virginia for ease of briefings.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree or equivalent military or technical school and 5 years specifically related work experience in the personnel security field, complemented by formal training such as successful completion of the Industrial Security Management Course. Must be very knowledgeable with the rules and regulations of the NISPOM pertaining to all aspects of Personnel Security. Must have working knowledge of site specific procedures and security requirements. The position requires a high degree of accuracy pertaining to all aspects of Personnel and Physical Security. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must be proficient operating personal computers using Microsoft Word, Excel, and graphics software, and possess data base management experience. Secret government security clearance preferred or the ability to obtain and maintain one.