Onyx Point is on the search for a Cybersecurity Consultant!
Onyx Point is looking for candidates to support our federal agency customers to evaluate cybersecurity business requirements, identify, develop, implement and operate solutions for these requirements. During the entire process, Cybersecurity Consultants assist with implementation, evaluate iterations of the solution, and assist customers to plan and execute introduction of the new solution and migration of data.
You must hold an active DOD Interim Secret clearance or higher to be considered for this position.
Currently this position is 100% telework. However, as our customers return to a new normal work pattern, we estimate this position could remain at 100% telework or require 1-2 days per week work onsite at the customer facility in Washington DC. Therefore, candidates must reside within a reasonable distance to commute into Washington DC.
- Provide your expertise to support the design, implementation, and use of new products or services to support the modernization of cybersecurity risk management at large US federal agencies.
- Apply your experience of cloud computing and cybersecurity to guide requirements identification, solution concepts and development..
- Help to develop presentations and documents to describe changes to existing policy, processes, procedures and technology to adopt these new strategies, standards and technology solutions.
- Integrate information systems to gain access to cybersecurity data to aid in determining status of security controls and reporting risk and compliance status
- Configure cloud services, tools and assist to guide the development of applications to implement the approved strategies and solutions.
- Assist members of the team to develop rollout and adoption plans to obtain senior leadership buy in and support. .
- Continue to iterate on solutions using agile development and DevSecOps approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity or IT related field
- At least 6 years of applicable work experience
- At least 4 years of professional experience performing cybersecurity tasks and functions
- At least 4 years of professional experience implementing IT solutions for cyber security, risk management, or security compliance
- Active DOD Interim SECRET security clearance or higher (interim is acceptable)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills, Experience and Certifications
- Experience implementing Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools
- Experience with integration or operation of cybersecurity tools such as Splunk, Qmolos Q-Compliance, or related security tools
- Experience with DevSecOps implementations and tools
- Experience implementing or developing in ServiceNow ITSM
- Experience with cloud native cybersecurity measurement and observability tools in AWS and Azure
- Experience implementing tools that support the Continuous Monitoring and Diagnostic (CDM) program tools