TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED) This candidate will belong to an approximately ten person Cloud Operations systems administration team that is part of a larger Operations team working in a dynamic customer environment. Candidate will be responsible for supporting several cloud based repositories during the weekday day shift. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (1) monitor system health, (2) troubleshoot system problems, (3) maintain storage systems, (4) interface with other parts of the team for hardware, network, and infrastructure support, (5) provide after-hours on-call/call-in support on a rotational basis , (6) ensure system security requirements are satisfied, (7) create/maintain system scripts, (8) patch/upgrade system, and (9) administer user accounts.
The Cloud System Administrator provides support for implementation and trouble shooting and maintenance on large clusters.
(U//FOUO) Shall have at least one (1) year of experience performing system administration and monitoring large distributed system consisting of:
multiple clusters; clustering implemented across at least 3 racks of equipment; minimum of 60 nodes per site.
• (U//FOUO) Shall have experience diagnosing and troubleshooting large scale cloud computing systems including familiarity with distributed systems for storage and retrieval of data e.g. Hadoop, CASSANDRA, SCALITY, SWIFT, Gluster, Lustre, GPFS, Amazon S3, or another other comparable technology for big data management or High performance computing.
• (U//FOUO) Shall have demonstrated ability to work within a pre-defined mission focused team structure, follow SOP’s, communicate effectively, accept constructive feedback, and receive technical guidance and advice from senior level technical resources.
• (U//FOUO) Shall have demonstrated a willingness to learn new technologies and leverage senior level resources to expand current technical foundation using team structure.
• (U//FOUO) Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex tasks, show a willingness to educate and train more junior technical resources.
• (U//FOUO) Demonstrated ability to plan, communicate, lead and oversee complex technical tasks requiring interaction with multiple groups.
• (U//FOUO) Shall have three (3) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages including bash, perl, or python.
• (U//FOUO) Shall have five (5) years experience demonstrating a fundamental
understanding and working knowledge of core components of the Linux operating system including the management of user and group accounts in LDAP configuration of DHCP, DNS, and TFTP.
• (U//FOUO) Shall have demonstrated experience with configuration management tools including Puppet and SALT
• (U//FOUO) Understanding of the end to end Linux PXE/Network provisioning process to include familiarity with Anaconda Kickstart configurations, RAID controller utilities, TFTP images, and disk detect scripts.
• (U//FOUO) Experience accessing and troubleshooting systems via remote utilities to perform hardware diagnosis and repair including VNC, serial over LAN interfaces, and IPMI, BIOS-level configuration.
• (U//FOUO) Understanding of overall corporate architecture as well as familiarity with openSSL and Java keystore manipulation.
• (U//FOUO) Experience troubleshooting commodity hardware platforms including previous experiences with SGI/HP hardware including SGI’s J series.
(U//FOUO) ) One (1) year experience is required.
(U//FOUO) A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science,
Mathematics is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience Hadoop/Cloud System Administrator Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification is required.
• (U//FOUO) Advanced knowledge of SSH tunneling and protocols including the
implementation of dynamic SOCKS proxies as well as other ssh-based utilities, including
rysn, pdsh, pdcp, and WinSCP.
• (U//FOUO) Basic understanding of low level network concepts including vlans, port
channel bonding and layer2/layer 3 switch interactions.
• (U//FOUO) Familiarity with software load balancers for large scale webservice
implementations including haproxy and nginx
• (U//FOUO) Experience with Kubernetes orchestration services and Docker images.
• (U//FOUO) Experience with log aggregation and search tools including ElasticSearch,
logstatsh, filebeats, Grafana, and rsyslog.