- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
This position works with cutting edge technology in dataflow, web services and GUI while supporting one of the key growing mission areas for our customer. Sourcing for a candidate with good communication skills (a must) and experience in any of the following:
- Python/Python 3 experience (experience in analytics is preferred, experience using Jupyter Notebooks is a plus but candidate can learn this skill from the team)
- Experience in Web GUI development or Apache Nifi is a plus
- Graph database experience is a plus, but candidate can learn this skill from the team
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
-Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
-Debug existing software and correct defects
-Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
-Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards