||Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provides Tier III remote and on-site network engineering support to a globally distributed services team.
- Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Implements Campus Area Network (CAN) system installation, operation, and maintenance to support the 24x7 distributed functionality of a heterogeneous networked enterprise environment with Cisco, Ruckus/Brocade, and Juniper switch gear.
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all complex CAN hardware/software system components to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, updating and developing system Visio drawings, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end network flow analysis
- Work with project leads and vendors to assess requirements and develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
- Analyzes network characteristics - e.g., transmission speeds, packet sizes, bandwidth, throughput, latency, capacity, and availability. Troubleshoots problems and recommends modification of network configurations and Service Level Availability (SLAs).
- Provide support to network related system and component level Trade-Off Analysis, & Analysis of Alternatives, and contributes to customer presentations with results and recommendations.
- Performs engineering services to enable all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex network issues.
- Performs site surveys, installation, refresh, and modernization of network components and related services, remotely and on site.
- Integrate, configure, deploy, test, and maintain Campus Area Networks (CANs), with knowledge of numerous types of network devices, interfaces, and technologies to include SD-WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, wired and wireless, VSS, Data Center Networks/Interfaces (DCN/DCI), Network Security (NETSEC), BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
- Prefer some experience with enterprise Network Performance Monitoring & Diagnostic tools such as DNA Center, NNMi, Network Operations Management, Network Automation, Splunk, and Riverbed.
- (10) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.