Seeking highly motivated principal software engineer to lead the development, in an agile environment, of prototypes and define software solutions to support a data tracking and metrics solution. The candidate will conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with systems engineers and developers across projects to support the planning, design, development, and utilization of a final product recommendation. They will work with the team to evolve requirements, identify, define, develop prototypes and support the creation and presentation of design documents and product demonstrations. Other duties will include both COTS and GOTS product evaluation, integration, testing and Analysis of Alternatives as part of the design process for the data tracking and metrics solution. They will be responsible for managing development activities, to include Sprint planning, schedules, Jira ticket management and the tasking of the teams developers. They will ensure software standards and best practices are met by the team.
The Principal Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
• At least fifteen (15) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required;
• At least eight (8) years developing software using the Java programming language.
• At least six (6) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years.
• At least six (6) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3--5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years;
• Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist;
• At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing;
• Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure;
• Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework;
• Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products;
• Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns;
• Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services;
• Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
• Experience with Java
• Experience with JIRA
• Experience with Cloud Technologies
• Experience with XML and other data formats
• 10 years SIGINT Enterprise experience
• Demonstrated experience in researching software solutions.
• Experience with dataflows.
• Experience working with User Interface.