TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
This candidate will belong to an approximately twelve person Cloud Operations systems administration team that is part of a larger Operations team working in a dynamic customer environment. Candidate will be responsible for supporting several cloud based repositories during the weekend and after hours. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (1) monitor system health, (2) troubleshoot/escalate system problems, (3) maintain storage systems, (4) interface with external teams and other parts of the Operations team for hardware, network, and infrastructure support, (5) ensure system security requirements are satisfied, and (6) administer user accounts.
• Required - At least one (1) year experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes).
• Required – At least two (2) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
• Required - At least two (2) years experience in the implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
• Required - At least two (2) years experience implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms.
• Required - Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Required - Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
• Required – Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification. Six (6) months experience administering or implementing Cloud technology will be accepted as substitution for certification.
• Desired - Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
PROJECT SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE:
• Highly Desired – Active Security+ certification (or obtain within 6 months)
• Highly Desired – Active RHCSA certification (or obtain within 6 months)
• Highly Desired – Shall be able to work at the CSC for four (4) ten (10) hour shifts each week. Must include at least one weekend day shift. Remaining shifts can be eve or midnight shifts.
• Highly Desired – Strong LINUX command line skills
• Highly Desired – Strong Communication skills
• Highly Desired – NiFi skills
• Highly Desired – Experience with Bash, Python, and Configuration Management tools (i.e. Puppet, Chef)
• Desired - Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks.
• Desired - Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operating, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.