- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
This candidate will perform as a software engineer on a large agile team developing a mission-critical product on a Linux baseline. As well as work independently on complex tasks, both design and implementation. Design software architectures for distributed systems. Introduce new patterns, practices, techniques, or other contributions to a development team with a focus on increasing team productivity. Develop asynchronous, distributed systems in a modern software development stack.
Required - Shall have five (5) years experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
Required – Shall have one (1) year experience in system engineering/architecture.
Required – Shall have one (1) year experience working with products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Hadoop, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, Cassandra, Scality etc.
• Required – At least one (1) year experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation
• Required - Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complete hardware/software systems to include monitoring technical health of a system, improving organizational processes, implementation of postmortem (failure) analysis and incident management.
• Desired - Cloud Systems Administrator or Developer Certification.
• Desired - Shall have one (1) year experience in the cleared environment.
• Desired - At least one (1) year experience managing and monitoring large Cloud System (>200 nodes).
• Desired - One (1) year demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: Windows, UNIX, or Linux OS.
• Desired - Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
• Desired - Experience in developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations
• Desired - One (1) year of experience developing software systems using object-oriented programming languages (i.e. Java, Python, etc.).
• Desired - Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
• Desired - Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
• Desired - Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
• Desired - One (1) year experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
• Desired - Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into a services oriented environment.
• Desired - Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, backup, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage within clustered or cloud environments.
• Desired – Experience operating in a multi-thread environment.
• Desired – Experience debugging & troubleshooting complex software in a cloud environment.
• Desired – Familiarity with Configuration Management and monitoring tools.
• Desired – Familiarity with Agile software methodologies and practices.
• Desired - Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required operating in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years experience. A Master's degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.