Provide support for the installation, configuration, tuning, and management of large Hadoop (Apache Accumulo) clusters that support data intensive computing. Includes installation and maintenance of tools required for the cloud environment, as well as monitoring and sustainment of the cloud environment, to include the identification and resolution of issues, problems, and trouble tickets related to the same.
· Possession of one (1) or more of the following certifications is required: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE),
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technically similar degree from an accredited college or university is required.
o Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
· Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years of experience establishing LANs, to include creation and configuration of common services
· Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years of experience assembling and configuring equipment racks comprised of RAIDs, switches, and Linux hosts, and the installation of fiber optic and copper cabling
· Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years of experience administering Linux systems, to include installation of servers using PXE (e.g. Cobbler/Kickstart), producing RPMs for customer software installation, and/or the installation of Ubuntu and RedHat Linux servers
· Demonstrated experience with large system administration (>100 nodes) for geographically distributed systems of systems