- Experienced in JVM languages (Java, Scala, Kotlin)
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, is a bonus
- Familiarity with Docker, Marathon, Mesos
- Familiarity with Spring MVC
- Understanding of functional programming characteristics and how it differs from object oriented principles
- Strong understanding of API design
- Experience using Gradle
This team develops the backend API for all of our services - communicating with many platforms to provide data from our analytic processing systems to our frontend UI. The service is largely written in Kotlin - a functional JVM language created by Jetbrains and recently accepted by Google as one of their core programming languages.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
-Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
-Debug existing software and correct defects
-Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
-Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards