- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
· Ability to lead a team
· Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
· Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
· Gather technical information, prepares written text
· Maintain a current internal documentation library
· Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
· Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
· Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
· Work on all phases of documentation
· Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
· Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
· Coordinate layout and design of documents
· Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
· Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
· Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
· Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of electronic equipment and systems
· Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
· Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies·
Ten (10) years of experience as a technical writer on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.