Onyx Point is on the search for a Senior Business Analyst!!
As a Senior Business Analyst at Onyx Point, you will assist our customers to understand, define and
communicate their business objectives and requirements You will work with other members of the team to develop concepts and strategies to support the requirements and achieve the objectives via process improvement, policy changes, and modernization or introduction of new information technology solutions.You will participate to obtain leadership and stakeholder support and then work across teams to implement the changes and solutions.
You must hold an active DOD Interim Secret clearance or higher to be considered for this position.
Currently this is a 100% telework position. However, as our customers adapt to the new normal following COVID-19, we anticipate you may be required to work some portion of time onsite at customer facilities ranging from between 1 day per month to 2 days per week depending on the position and the customer. The customer work location is Washington DC.
● Work closely with team members and subject matter experts from our customers to gain in-depth
understanding of the customers business strategy, goals, processes, and services to understand
the context in which the business operates.
● Work with architects and SMEs to discover and develop innovative solutions in an ever-changing
digital landscape and shifting customer priorities.
● Use a variety of methods to identify customer problems, issues and inefficiencies.
● Identify issues with current processes, design new ones and help implement them.
● Scrum Master for 3 teams
● Prioritize and maintain the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirement of
● Continuously reviewing progress, refining priorities, defining and reviewing deliverables, and
identifying opportunities and risks
● Participate in QA and UAT to ensure features and functions meet the acceptance criterias
● If in your area of interest and skill, design and/or develop automated workflow processes using
ServiceNow IT Service Management.
● Active DOD Interim SECRET security clearance or higher.
● BS/BA degree in information systems, computer science or related field.
● At least 6 years of applicable professional work experience.
● Strong problem-solving, influencing and critical-thinking skills with the ability to execute with
limited information and ambiguity
● Ability to collect and understand application solutions from the team and present as options for
● Strong change management and process development/improvement skills
● Scrum Master Certification.
● A desire and eagerness to continually learn and take on new challenges.
● Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and
accommodate shifts in project priorities.
● Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
● Effective time management skills.
Desired Skills, Experience and Certifications
● Experience developing workflows using ServiceNow ITSM
● Business analysis in cybersecurity or information assurance domains
● Prior experience at the Department of State