Duties will primarily involve building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. Also involves system testing and validation procedures and working with customers on technical issues including software system design and maintenance. To be successful in this role, candidate will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life cycle. A bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
• System testing and validation.
• Software programming and documentation development.
• Working with the team and customers on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of existing systems.
• Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
• Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
• A Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
• A Masters degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
• Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
• Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
• Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.Shall have Demonstrated technical writing skills and generated five documents in support of a software development project
• Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
• Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
• Creativity is always a plus.
• Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
• Experience working on a variety of software development projects with extensive knowledge in the following:
o UI Frameworks (Kendo, Sencha, JQuery, NodeJs, etc.)
o Java Script
o Web Services
o Has performed new development and Dev Ops
o Apache Nifi
o Scripting (Python, Pearl)
• Hearing, medium work (normal requirements up to 50 lbs.), no adverse environmental conditions, sedentary work, speaking, standing, talking, working with computers/CRTs, working with data, ability to handle stress & work under pressure, analytical or critical thinking skills, listening skills, multi-tasking ability, oral & written communication skills, organizational skills, switchboard, or computer operating skills.