- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
The Software Engineer will be hired to support an existing data flow capability. The selected candidate will be responsible for ongoing software development and maintenance, and some user support. Development includes the design and implementation of new features in the UI; implementing support of new client systems; data model (database) enhancements.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills:
• Strong Java development and Linux system administration skills.
• Lead the migration of the system from Windows to Linux.
• Support ISSOs with SSP compliance, to include product upgrades and patching.
• Perform design and implementation of data model (database) enhancements to support new features, or to optimize performance.
• Execute/support builds and deployments.
• Conduct new open source application evaluations.
At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required;
At least six (6) years developing software using the Java programming language. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
At least four (4) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four ( 4) years;
Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist;
At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing
Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure
Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework
Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products
Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns
Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services
Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services
• Development experience in software solutions for mission critical capabilities.
• Java (6 yrs minimum)
• Linux System Administration
• Linux shell scripting.
• Wildfly (JBoss) Web Server
• SQL based databases (currently using MySQL).
• GUI development using ICEfaces (or other Java Server Faces technology).
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
• Customer capabilities data formats.
• Web Services, including the querying of customer web services from Java.
• Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE)