Responsible for monitoring and sustaining AEA operational systems. Analyzes system requirements and liaises with design and development activities. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology with development and operations for each AEA tool suite. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of contractor work performed and deliverables associated with the Outreach area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsible for providing customer support. Responsible for collecting requirements and feedback for existing capabilities.
· Ability to lead a team
· Demonstrated hands-on experience with tools and capabilities developed and sustained in AEA.
· Provide support to both development and operations for AEA tool suite
· Effectively translate data findings into insights that can be easily understood by stakeholders
· Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
· Ability to interface and translate requirements to developers and operations personnel within AEA
· Gather, collect and assist in new architecture conceptualization of Analytic and Engagement Application (AEA) solutions
· Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
· Evaluate new technology open systems for enhancing product features for improved interoperability capabilities
· Improve standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
· Provide input on SOPs
· Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
· Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
· Conduct quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
· Develop alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fallback positions with a recommended course of action for each risk and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones.
· Develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, and maintenance
· Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
· Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
· Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
Fifteen (15) years of experience as a System Engineer (SE) on programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Demonstrated hands-on experience with tools and capabilities developed and sustained in AEA or the IC. Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.